There are a lot of Money Making scams out there but the very worse in my book are those who are preying on unsuspecting beginners.
If you have fallen for an online scam in your pursuit to make some money online, you are not alone. I have done the same. The thing about Money Making Scams is that they all have certain things in common. Here are some identifying factors about Making Money Scams and scammers and the tactics that they use.
The Tactics Used
The tactics used are easily identified if you know what to look for. They are targeting their audience, trying to appeal to folks who need some extra cash and are gullible and trusting. You know the old saying “it seems too good to be true”…
Yes, we would all like for things to just fall in our lap without much effort. However, the fact is that it takes work to make money online. It takes building a business.
Tactic # 1.
- They will promise to give you a secret formula. You will believe there is a secret formula, there must be, right?
- There is always some secret that if you knew, you would be up one!
- You would be “in the know” and be able to make all the money you could ever want. That would be wonderful to know a secret that could make you rich if you knew it. However, even though there is no secret formula.
- There is a secret……it’s You. There is money to be made online, and it takes hard work, knowing what you are doing persistence and dedication. It takes educating yourself how to do it.
Lifestyle they live
- They show you the fancy cars they drive, pictures of exotic places they have traveled to, big yachts, etc. They show you this and tell you that you can have it too, if you only join in, sign up, take the course, etc.
- They go on and on about the lifestyle they live and if you just listen to them and give them your money, they can teach it to you too. It’s all very enticing.
- They appeal to your emotions of wanting to have all those things too. Who would not want to travel and stay in exotic places and drive fancy cars? After all, you deserve it too.
No Specifics given
- A scammer will go on and on about how much benefit you will get if you join up never giving any specifics of the actual opportunity. Instead, they show screenshots of their sales showing huge numbers.They never give you the actual info. They go on and on about the end benefits without telling you any real information that will help educate you.
- They push and show and show and push. They are ultra aggressive. Once you are convinced and bite, they take your money and run. There is no support and no way to get answers. You feel all alone. To get your money back is an act of Congress and sometimes just can’t be done.
They Prey on Beginners
- If you are new to Online Marketing, you are being targeted by the online “gurus”. If you google “how to get rich quick“ you will find some of these gurus selling their wares.
- They know as a beginner you may be thinking that there is a secret to making money online, or some fancy software or a cash generating website is the key.
- However, the key is you, as an entrepreneur, with creative persistence and determination, willing to put the time in to educate yourself on exactly how the internet works and how making money on the internet really works.
No knowledge or skill needed
- They tell you that by following their methods, you do not need to know anything and it will work for anyone without any effort on their part. This tactic is very common and although it should make bells go off, there are so many, TOO MANY people who fall for this!
- There is no free lunch, you must put in the time and learn the skills needed to make money on the internet.
These are the most common tactics that are used by “The Gurus” to get your money. They appeal to your emotions to get you to buy and they may make you feel stupid if you don’t purchase NOW because of the price increases tomorrow!
These “Gurus” never use terms like SEO Optimization, Keyword Research, Content rich articles, page rank, link authority etc. The reason they don’t is that gives the beginner or newbie something they can look up.
The REAL way to Make Money Online
So what is the real way to make money online? Building a business is the real way to make money online. If you want to be successful in anything, you learn about it and how to do it.
In order to learn how to make money online, you go where there are others learning the same thing. You apply yourself and do the homework and get help when you need it from others in the community or school or university who can help you.
You take courses, you apply what you learn. You take action and become more knowledgeable about what you are doing. You don’t give up. You persist with determination.
That is how you learn to make money online. It is the same way that you learned anything in life.
I have given you a good idea of what to look out for when you are searching for ways to make money online.
There are many many so-called “gurus” and courses and software that are being marketed especially to beginners that are just “money grabs” (they are just trying to make the sale).
I hope you don’t or stop falling for them. I know, they sound very convincing and I have fallen for them too. Then I found Wealthy Affiliate University. It is truly a great place to learn everything you need to create your online business. Start building your business now.
Honest Online Marketing with Wealthy Affiliate University
As a Starter member, you get complete access to the Website Builder and the ability to create TWO free websites on the siteRubix.com domain. These are FULL WordPress sites and are hosted on our state-of-the-art servers.
You will get 10 free lessons along with the support of thousands of members. You have the option to upgrade to premium membership or stay a free member.
Read my complete review of Wealthy Affiliate here.
I hope I have given you insight into Money Making Scams.
I like to hear from readers to know if I have helped you so please leave me a comment below or look my profile up on Wealthy Affiliate.
Get started on building your business today! You will have personal access to me plus some special bonuses. Click the Red link below for Instant Access.
Before you go type your email in the box below and be the first to read new posts.